PTDR-1000 Waste To Energy System
PEAT's PTDR-1000 waste-to-energy system is an ideal, turn-key solution for industrial facilities. The PTDR-1000 system provides a permanent, fully self-contained platform for facilities seeking an efficient, environmental and economical terminal chemical waste and hazardous waste treatment and disposal solution.
Each system comes equipped with the following subsystems:
- Cart Lifter/Dumper with gravity-based waste feed system (solid & liquid) and hydraulic screw (and drum) crusher and enclosed screw feeder/conveyor
- Plasma Reactor with Secondary Reaction Chamber
- Gas Cleaning and Conditioning System (depending on feedstock composition): Semi-Dry system with a Spray Dryer/Gas Quencher, Activated Carbon Injection, Baghouse Filter, Packed Bed Tower/Polishing Scrubber, indirect heat exchanger, Cooling Tower, Cooling water system; If high sulfur: Spray Dryer/Gas Quencher, Activated Carbon injection, Baghouse Filter, hydrogen chloride scrubber, alkali scrubber (Sodium Sulfide recovery), indirect heat exchangers; If high Chlorine: high pressure venturi/packed tower, Hydrogen Chloride scrubber (HCl recovery), Alkali Scrubber (Sodium Sulfide recovery), passive particulate filters or baghouse filter; If medical waste: a wet system with a High Pressure Venturi, Packed Bed Tower/Polishing Scrubber, indirect heat exchanger, cooling tower and cooling water systems.
- ID fan with breaking resistance and VFD
- 3, 400 kWe Plasma-Arc Systems with an insulated gate bipolar transistor power supply
- Two 15 kWe, water-cooled, non-transferred arc tap port torches (with single power supply)
- Air Compressor
- Oxygen (90-93% purity) & Nitrogen (98% purity) Pressure Swing Absorption Systems
- Syngas storage/accumulation system
- Syngas Energy Recovery System (Optional):
- 1,300 kWe via a steam cycle power generation system
- 2,000 kWe via gas engines (with HRSG and steam turbine)
- Power Panel (s)
- Process Control System with a PLC and SCADA
Solid wastes are continuously charged (up to 22 hours per day). The feeding system is designed to accommodate 30-gallon (113 liters) waste bags, 400mm x 400mm x 400mm (15.75-inch x 15.75-inch x 15.75-inch) boxes or waste in packed loose solid form. The maximum size of any waste material which can not be twisted/bent can not be more than 400 mm; this means that any part cannot be longer than 400 mm. The feed opening to the system will have clear opening of 600 mm (~ 2 ft) on both sides.
Utilities & Labor
- Electric supply available: maximum connected load of 2,000 to 2,500 KWe (depending on the auxiliaries utilized), voltage/Hz as per local standards), 3Phase, (actual consumption significantly lower)
- Process water capacity of approximately 10 cubic meters/hr (~350 ft3)
- Natural Gas or LPG capacity of approximately 30kg/hr (1.3 MMBTU) during pre-heating of Syngas utilization system
- The automated process control system allows the PTDR-1000 to be operated by a single trained operator. Another 2-4 employees would be utilized to assist with materials handling (waste receiving/feeding and end product collection) and in-field operations.
Approximately 2,850 m2 (~31,000 square feet);this includes the on-site power generating equipment.
PEAT will warranty the waste-to-energy system for 12 months from the date of commissioning. The Warranty will be against the manufacturing of equipment and components defects. The warranty does not cover spares, refractory lining, thermocouple and transmitters, other consumables and chemicals. The warranty does not cover equipment or its parts that are damaged due to client's cause, directly or indirectly.