PTDR- 500 Waste To Energy System
PEAT's PTDR-500 waste-to-energy system is an ideal, turn-key solution for industrial facilities. The PTDR-500 system provides a permanent, fully self-contained platform for facilities seeking an efficient, environmental and economical terminal chemical waste and hazardous waste treatment and disposal solution.
Each system comes equipped with the following subsystems:
- Cart Lifter/Dumper with gravity-based waste feed system (solid & liquid) and hydraulic screw (and drum) crusher or screw feeder
- Plasma Reactor with Secondary Reaction Chamber
- Gas Cleaning and Conditioning System (depending on feedstock composition): Semi-Dry system with a Spray Dryer/Gas Quencher, Activated Carbon Injection, Baghouse Filter, Packed Bed Tower/Polishing Scrubber, indirect heat exchanger, Cooling Tower, Cooling water system; If high sulfur: Spray Dryer/Gas Quencher, Activated Carbon injection, Baghouse Filter, hydrogen chloride scrubber (HCl solution recovery), alkali scrubber (Sodium Sulfide recovery), indirect heat exchangers; If medical waste: a wet system with a High Pressure Venturi, Packed Bed Tower/Polishing Scrubber, indirect heat exchanger, cooling tower and cooling water systems.
- ID fan with breaking resistance and VFD
- 400 kWe Plasma-Arc System with an insulated gate bipolar transistor power supply
- Two 15 kWe, water-cooled, non-transferred arc tap port torches (with single power supply)
- Air Compressor
- Oxygen (90-93% purity) & Nitrogen (98% purity) Pressure Swing Absorption Systems
- Syngas storage/accumulation system
- Syngas Energy Recovery System (Optional):
- 450 or 550 kWe gas engine(s), or
- Steam Boiler
- Power Panel (s)
- Process Control System with a PLC and SCADA
Solid wastes are batch fed (up to 22 hours per day). The feeding system is designed to accommodate 30-gallon (113 liters) waste bags, 400mm x 400mm x 400mm (15.75-inch x 15.75-inch x 15.75-inch) boxes or waste in packed loose solid form. The maximum size of any waste material which can not be twisted/bent can not be more than 400 mm; this means that any part cannot be longer than 400 mm. The feed opening to the system will have clear opening of 600 mm (~ 2 ft) on both sides.
Utilities and labor
- Electric supply available: maximum connected load of 750 KWe, voltage/Hz as per local standards), 3Phase, (actual consumption significantly lower)
- Process water capacity of approximately 2 cubic meters/hr (~70 ft3)
- Natural Gas or LPG capacity of approximately 10kg/hr (0.5 MMBTU) during pre-heating of Secondary Reaction Chamber
- The automated process control system allows the PTDR-100 to be operated by a single trained operator. Another 2-4 employees would be utilized to assist with materials handling (waste receiving/feeding and end product collection) and in-field operations.
Approximately 750 m2 (~8,000 square feet).
PEAT will warranty the waste-to-energy system for 12 months from the date of commissioning. The Warranty will be against the manufacturing of equipment and components defects. The warranty does not cover spares, refractory lining, thermocouple and transmitters, other consumables and chemicals. The warranty does not cover equipment or its parts that are damaged due to client's cause, directly or indirectly.