The PTDR Waste-to-Energy Technology is environmentally benign
PTDR waste-to-energy facilities eclipse the most stringent of environmental standards. The PTDR technology has received numerous regulatory approvals throughout the globe, including:
- United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Taiwanese Environmental Protection Agency
- Taiwan Ministry of Education
- Kaohsiung Department of Environmental Protection
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Alabama Department of Environmental Management
- City of Huntsville Natural Resources Division
- San Diego Air Pollution Control District
- Indiana Department of Environmental Management
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- California Department of Public Health
During the permitting effort in San Diego, the PTDR waste-to-energy Technology was certified as an "alterative-to-incineration" technology for medical waste in the State of California. Click here for some comparisons between permit levels and PTDR systems.
Additionally, independent laboratory tests have proven that the glass product does not leach (toxicity characteristic leaching procedure), also known as "TCLP" This information demonstrates the glass product is totally benign, safe for any re-utilization (i.e. recycling).
The PTDR glass product exceeds the most rigorous TCLP standard.